I had a different post in store for today. However, I need some pictures for it. I mean, I could do the post without, but then you wouldn't get the full effect. So, I decided to wait and just ramble about something. It's probably not up your alley......but have you ever had that feeling you just need to get a subject off your chest (and put it on someone else's?) Well, I am in that mood right now.
Today, President Obama signed the 767 billion dollar economic stimulus package. You know the one--the one that has an exorbitant, much more so than necessary, price tag--the one that really does NOTHING to "stimulate" the economy--the one that bails companies and individuals out of their problems when they really should deal with the consequences.......yep, it is that bill.
I wasn't in favor of it before it was signed and I am not a fan of it now. I am very proud and pleased to say that my entire delegation to Washington was not in favor of it either (and one of them is a Democrat!!!!!) Congress has done what they do best....they pass measure after measure of wasteful spending and expect either the rich or future generations to foot the bill.
That bothers me. The rich should have to pay taxes, but that doesn't mean I think the poor people should be exempt. I am not into smoking, but I don't believe smokers should have to pay for children's health care coverage. And I don't believe in being so far in debt you can never get out.
I absolutely love this country, don't get me wrong. I am just having a problem with these latest economic decisions that the God-chosen leadership has made. It borders on.....um.....Socialism to me. And that isn't something to be proud of.
Okay, I got it off my chest! =) Do any of you have thoughts on this?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











6 comments:
I won't even say what I think, because I can get Really upset at President B.O.
I'm trying to pray for him, but it's awfully hard! Maybe we can encourage each other in that?!
Blessings~
Your sister in Christ,
Jenna
Hello Ella!
Oh my word, he signed *that*? Ugh... That is really bad. Oh, I do have to agree with you on the Socialism thing. Obama seems to do lots of things that look like that.
~Madison
Hi Ella,
Yes, I heard this news about the so-called 'stimulus' package on my radio this morning.
I am not in favor of it either. It's like gambling! You throw money out there and HOPE that you'll get something better back, but you have just as much chance to lose it. Sigh.
Our country needs our prayers.
Hope you're doing well,
Julia
I was really disappointed that this stimulus bill got passed too. It's very easy for me to start becoming afraid of my future (I have so many older people around me telling me that my generation and I will be the ones paying for this bill), but thankfully I have an all-sufficient, all-knowing, and all-wise Father who never makes mistakes. It's so comforting to me when I am afraid.
Dear Ella, I have awarded your blog with the 'Kreativ Blogger Award'! :-) (see my blog for details)
... argh. I can't think of anything nice to say, so I'll be quiet. :)
Lord have mercy.
Post a Comment