This past week has been a crazy one for me. I have been taken out of my comfort zone on numerous occasions; I have had to do things your normal eighteen year old doesn't. I know what needs to be done each day and I do it to the best of my ability....but usually something comes up and interferes. I guess you could say I have been mentally exhausted.
My head has been swirling in a million different directions. It is difficult to process things like business licenses (and whether or not I even need it), 501 (c) 3's (and if you can qualify), opening accounts, writing articles, talking with absolute strangers about their subscriptions, and the all important seeking God about it all.......all at the same time. Due to everything that has come about as a result of my job with HopeChest, I have been questioning as to if I should have done this in the first place. After all, I am a follower and not a leader, someone who likes things easily understandable. None of what I am doing is.
When you have a lot to do, you usually don't function well. Or at least not with optimal results. Something is going to suffer. The fact that I have only blogged twice this month so far is one of the ways I have let things slide. Today, I find myself so thankful for the Lord Jesus Christ who is everywhere, all the time......and everything He does is perfection.
While I might be running on autopilot trying to get things done with HopeChest that need to get figured out, the Lord never runs on empty. He is always on "full," able to do everything without getting frustrated, tired, and crotchety. He can do above and beyond what my fleshy body can.
What a Mighty God I serve. What a Mighty God I serve. Angels bow before Him. Heaven and earth adore Him. What a mighty God I serve.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











3 comments:
It's hard adjusting to a job that puts us in uncomfortable positions, isn't it? I understand how you're feeling- I struggled with talking to people on the phone at my job too. I would always get so nervous because I was new and didn't know what to say sometimes. (I still get a little nervous!) Everytime I've been put in an uncomfortable situation is when I see the Lord helping me grow more. So I know He will help you through this!
Amen Ella! God will carry you through this time in your life! Keep your trust in Him:)
Your sister in Christ,
Jenna
Praying for you, Ella! Sorting through all of these things can be hard (I remember trying to plan everything for dance classes, recitals, and musicals) but they are valuable lessons to learn. I pray that God gives you wisdom to know what to do in His perfect timing.
Rest in His faithfulness!
Post a Comment