Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Birthday, Sweet Gabrielle

Today is my precious daughter's birthday, so I decided to hijack her blog today in order to write a post in her honor. However, given that I know the password to her Blogger account, I don't guess I'm really hijacking.

I'm not sure how it's possible that the sweet little six pound bundle of joy we brought home from the hospital is now nineteen years old, but the calendar says it's true. The years have positively flown by, and that sweet little baby is now a kind, beautiful, godly young woman.

I am so thankful for the precious gift God gave me in this child. She is the resident encourager of our home, always brightening our days with kind words and little acts of love. She regularly writes me encouraging notes and is always ready with a warm hug. She is the kind of person that I would easily choose as a friend, and, in fact, she IS a VERY dear friend, whom I love spending time with. She is a HUGE help to me around the house, taking on more and more responsibility all the time. (She'd actually like to cook dinner more often than twice a week, but since I love to cook as well, I'm not willing to relinquish that job to her completely.)

Even more, though, she is a young woman committed to honoring God with her life. She has been willing to stand alone on several occasions, instead of conforming to the crowd. As one who ALWAYS followed the teenage crowd, I am very proud of her willingness to not compromise Biblical truth.

On this, her 19th birthday, I just want to say how very much I love her and how very proud I am of the young lady she has become. I look forward to watching her continue to grow in the Lord in the years to come.

Happy Birthday, Gabrielle. May the Lord bless you abundantly today...and may He grant you the desires of your heart.

Love,
Mom

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww, happy birthday Ella! :D I hope you have a blessed day!

~Madison

Kaysie (Alabaster Box) said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELLA!
This post was precious. If anything is a testimony of your character, this is it. I hope your day and year is filled with blessings from the Lord. Thank you for your friendship and constant encouragement in my life. You are truly a blessing!

Happy Birthday,
Kaysie

Karen said...

Happy Birthday, Gabrielle. I saw that it was your birthday on your mom's blog. God bless you today!
Karen

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Ella! May you grow in grace and knowledge in your 19th year!

~Shannon

Jenna said...

A Happy Birthday to you dear Ella! I've never met you before, but I feel like you're my friend and I know you well:) You are always very, very, kind and so encouraging!!! Jesus Christ shines like a bright light through you Ella.
May the Lord truly bless you this year and always~
Looking forward to knowing you better!

Your sister in Christ,
Jenna

Jessica McDonald said...

I pray that your day has been one of the most blessed and joyful of your life! I am so happy that I've been able to get to know you over the internet these past few months! I have found it both encouraging and uplifting to read your blog.

May the Lord bless you now and in all the years to come. Happy 19th Birthday, Ella!!!

Love, Jessica

Anna Naomi said...

Happy birthday (again) my dear friend and "sister!" I enjoyed talking with you on the phone today! I know you're having a wonderful family celebration right now - enjoy it!

Praying that in this next year, God draws You even closer to Him and you have peace and clarity as you follow where He leads. Thank you for being such a dear friend!

Sara said...

This was so sweet! Happy 19th Birthday Ella! God has been working in your life so beautifully...keep shining for Him!

Debra Kaye said...

Gabrielle,

Happy Birthday! I am a friend of your Mom's .. whom I dearly love!

I pray your birthday is one blessed from the rising of the sun to the setting of the same!

God bless you, sweet one!

Neesie said...

I'm so sorry this is a day late!!! Happy (belated) Birhtday Ella!!! You are a sweetie.