Today, I am very thankful for some of the most unimportant things in the world. Have you ever had one of those type of days? Well, for me, I am so thankful to whoever invented electronics of all sorts. Oh sure, a lot of junk has come as a result of this technological age, but there is so much good as well.
The phone.......I got to spend a half hour with a dear friend who I have never met (face to face that is) It was her birthday, so while I called to say "Happy Birthday," we got caught up about each other's lives.
The computer.......The computer is my life line in many ways. It keeps me connected with my peers (whom I haven't met either.) I am able to jot down something quick and they will get it just as quickly. I also use the computer for my HopeChest work now; it's where my address database is.
Whitepages.com.......I can easily verify an address for someone who has less than legible handwriting.
The television.......I can watch a Biology segment that is interesting as opposed to reading a boring textbook. The TV also provides some family fun and entertainment in the form of classic movies that we discuss.
MP3 players......I can listen to all of my favorite songs without having to tote around several CDs.
Okay, so maybe this post was dumb. All I know is that I am thankful for these things today!! What is something "dumb" you are thankful for right at this moment?
Wednesday, February 04, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











7 comments:
The computer...! It is good to be Thankful - even if something is "dumb":)
Blessings dear sister~
Jenna
It's not dumb Ella! Lol but I know what you mean=) I think the "dumb" thing I'm thankful for right now is gum. I've really been addicted to it these past few weeks! Well, it's probsbly more like months or years now but who's counting? lol.
In Christ,
Jade
I don't think those to be dumb! :-) I compeletly know what you mean when you say you're thankful for things like that. Here are a few *dumb* things that I'm thankful for:
Slippers...they keep my feet warm in the winter. And they say when your feet are warm you're warm all over (it's almost true.)!
Chapstick...they keep my lips from getting too chapped in the winter. :-)
Fireplaces...they keep me warm on those long winter days and nights!!
As you can probably tell, I'm suffering from the winter blues at the moment. *grin* I'm looking eagerly forward to Spring! :-)
Have a lovely week, Ella!
Love, Jessica
I don't think this was a dumb post...I am very thankful for these things too! Instead of an MP3 player I have a shuffle ipod, but I'm thankful for it as well!
I'll be writing you back soon. =)
Okay, I am glad to know people are into the dumb things like me =)
Jenna, isn't the computer great?
Jade, I am not into the whole gum thing. I can take it for about 5 minutes, but it's great that you like it.
Jessica, yes, I can see you need some spring and warmth. I do myself.
Sara, looking forward to your e-mail!
I don't think that this was dumb either...:-)
I am happy that you have a computer too!!!
I am very thankful for weekdends right now. Hahaha....
I'm thankful for you, Ella! Thank you for the sweet e-card. I will write you as soon as possible, but I have had a few very busy weeks. Hopefully things will settle down one day... My goal is to write you sometime this weekend, but I don't know if it will fit in. I'll try!
Right now I'm thankful for cars that turn on. My car battery died on Thursday, and the sound of a sputtering engine that refuses to start when you want it to is awful. After a few clueless phone calls to my dad, my car finally started today (after a few attempts!) and I got my battery replaced. Now, the sound of the engine starting immediately is something that makes me so thankful - and something that I usually take for granted.
Post a Comment