Friday, March 02, 2012

After the Oscars Fashion Wrap

Everyone who was anyone found their way to an Oscar after party. This means that there is another excuse to don a new gown. It gave different people the opportunity to be in the spotlight--as opposed to general A-listers and nominees. Consequently, I have different people on this Top 5 list.
#1 is Rosie Huntington Whiteley in Antonio Berardi. This girl looks amazing in red. Rosie looks statuesque and poised and classy. (Although red has a way of doing that to a person.) I wish her hair was a little less severe; perhaps a looser ponytail or updo would have looked better. Still, I do find myself loving this book.


#2 is Lily Collins in Monique Lhuillier. I'm going to be entirely honest. I adore Monique Lhuillier designers. She is known for her ultra feminine silhouettes and colors. (Example: she designed Carrie Underwood's wedding dress ;-). Lily is a lesser known actress, but her upcoming movie, Mirror, Mirror will probably change that. I do wish she had saved this dress for that such occasion. It screams princess and Snow White. Why not use it at a premiere? I mean, it commands presence. Regardless, Lily looks amazing!


#3 is Emma Stone in Chanel Couture. I did love Emma's Oscar gown; I really did. It was #6 on my list. However, I loved this gown slightly better. Emma Stone looks good in something with a slighty edge vibe, all the while remaining classy and modest. (Seriously, I cannot think of one time Emma has worn a low neckline.) It is a fun outfit that she is wearing....wouldn't you agree?



#4 is Kate Beckinsale in Atelier Versace. As a friend of mine says, "Kate Beckinsale can wear ANYTHING and she is right!" Granted, I dislike the cutouts, but Kate looks fabulous otherwise. The pattern is fun; the silhouette is flattering.



#5 is......I'm about to shock you.......Katy Perry in Blumarine. Yes, I said Katy Perry. The blue hair is despicable. It does nothing for her; it looks like she is still on a promo tour for "The Smurfs." That being said, I think this dress is very pretty. It is fun and quirky; it matches Katy's personality. I can even tolerate the slightly heavy handed makeup. But the hair has got to go!!


So, there you have it. Yet again, more fashion. Have you seen any dresses that you liked? I would love to hear all about them!

4 comments:

Rissi said...

I like Lily's dress... but I wish it was color-on-color or something less "bold." I feel like that blue "overlay" sticks out like a sore thumb. Otherwise, she does look lovely. =)

Trinka said...

Nope...I haven' looked really... but the ones you showed are gorgeous!
Ps: I actually kinda like the blue hair ;)

Ella said...

Rissi, I do get what you are saying......but at the same time, I love that it stands out =)

Trinka, thanks for stopping by. You always leave great comments on Rissi's =D The blue hair isn't too awful....it does look better than the weird shade of pink she has worn before =D

Charity said...

I'm not feeling Lily Collin's dress. I think if the underskirt were white instead of cream, I'd like it a lot more.