Sunday, January 27, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mom!

My parents have birthdays two days apart. Sometimes, we all wish it wasn't that way, but that is the way it is! Today it is Mom's turn. I still won't tell you how old, but she s older than she looks too! =) Once more, I want a place that says how much I honor my parents. I also want you, my wonderful readers, to know the people that make up my family. So, here are Mom's favorites!

Favorite Color: purple

Favorite food: fried shrimp "I know that it is one of the worst things you can eat. The Lord was wise when he advised against eating them...but I do enjoy it."

Favorite Restaurant: Miabi's Japanese Steak House "but it's out of business now"

Favorite Type of Tea: Earl Grey

Favorite Book: "Fiction is Little Women. Non-Fiction would be Bound For Glory, by R.C. Sproul Jr."


Favorite Movie: "Too hard...there are many good ones. It would be a toss up between The Sound of Music and Wives and Daughters"

Favorite Thing to Do: "Family time--camping, playing games, watching old movies, sightseeing."

Favorite Memory of Me and You: "The day you were born and I found out that you were a girl--something I had been wanting."

Favorite Family of Vacation: "Great Smoky Mountain National Park in 1998 and Yellowstone every time we go."

Favorite Flower: Hydrangea

Favorite Book of the Bible: Ruth, Genesis, and James

Favorite Music: Classical Composers

Favorite Animal: "Our 13 inch beagle, Nikki

Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: Lemon Pound Cake from Tilamook, Oregon


Happy Birthday, Mom! I am so thankful that you are my mom. I pray that the Lord blesses you an a mighty and amazing way this day and this year! I am so glad that you are my mom!


I just wanted to post a picture of Mom's birthday cake. It is white cake, with a lemon-coconut filling and a whipped cream frosting. Yes, we ate some last night, but Dad's birthday was Friday....so, call it a dual birthday party a day early!

11 comments:

Miss Rebekah Ann S. said...

Happy birthday, Mrs. Gardner!! I hope your day is truly special and so wonderful! Ella's truly blessed to have you(and I must say, you're blessed you have her as well. :) She's such an inspiration for godly femininity, and she's stengthened me in my walk with the Lord so much! :)).

Did you make the cake, Ella? It looks great! My parents' birthdays are close together as well-11 days. Oh, and I LOVE the way your blog looks!! How did you get this template? It's beautiful!

Love in Christ,
Rebekah

P.S. Happy belated birthday, Mr. Gardner!

Ella said...

Rebekah, it is nice to have you commenting once more. Yes, I made the cake, and I am very happy with it. It was a new recipe, but I think it is a keeper.

Yes, my mom is such an example of godly femininity. I love her so much. I am humbled that you said I have ministered to you in your walk with the Lord.

As to my template, my dear friend, Erin, designed it for me. I love it!

Anna and Miriam said...

Happy B'day, Mrs. G.!!!

I hope you had a wonderful day!

Miriam Rebekah

Anna Naomi said...

Happy birthday Mrs. G! May God bless you with a wonderful new year!

Great job on the cake, Ella. It looks delicious!

And, great job on the new template, Erin. It's beautiful!

Anna Naomi said...

Oh - and I forgot to say. I really like your picture on the sidebar, Ella. It's lovely!

Neesie said...

Wow...well Happy Birthday Mrs G.!!!! I can see that you are a very good, Christian mother to Ella and Garret....and a wonderful wife to Mr G. too. :-) May God bless you with many more birthdays!

Erik said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MRS GARDNER!!!!

Anonymous said...

I thank all of you sweet young ladies for the birthday wishes. I had a lovely birthday. And Gabrielle's cake was delicious. I'm glad we chose to do that this year, instead of the traditional German chocolate cake I usually make for Mr. G's birthday 2 days earlier. This year, I was the one who got a cake! (With our birthdays being only 2 days apart, two cakes are definitely NOT necessary!)

Thank you all so much for wishing me a happy day!

Ella said...

To all of you, I also want to ditto what my mom said. She had a lovely birthday and eating a cake other than German chocolate was a great treat. I wanted to do something special for her by baking a cake she would enjoy!

Beverly said...

Happy Happy Birthday - I am so glad to know you through your sweet daughter. Wish we could have a cup of tea together - I think we have a lot of the same interests! And Ella - I LOVE your new template and profile picture.

Miss Rebekah Ann S. said...

Erin did an amazing job on your template! I wonder if she'd be interested in doing one for me! lol :)

You truly have ministered to me so much. I thank God for His goodness to me in introducing me to another likeminded sister in Christ. Your wisdom shines forth through your posts, and I want to thank you again for your great blog! :)

May the Lord richly bless you, dear sister!