
How would I sum up 2011 in one word? For this writer, having to limit myself can pose a challenge...but if a gun was held to my head and this question was given to me, I would say different. That indeed is what 2011 was for me. It was vastly different than I had expected it to be.
Going in, I knew a few things. I mean, I knew that my family would have major financial struggles, that we wouldn't spend holidays with family, that I was beginning a job but frankly, there were thoughts of quitting....but the Lord had different plans. ON that score and on so many others.
I have grown to love my job; I get along with some coworkers much better than I ever thought possible. (That is credit to God and not me!) I began a crazy journey called CollegePlus where I now have forty-five college credits...and who knows where that will take me. I have had friends come into my life, friends leave my life. I have found a church that I feel alive and where I am being fed. My writing opportunities have been huge blessings--Femnista and another one I will go into detail later. NONE of this did I foresee.
That is why I am not into resolutions. I make my own plans and while they might have good intentions, the Lord often has different things He wants to be the focus of my year. Different doesn't mean bad or wrong--it usually is very good. As 2011 closes, I do find myself thanking the Lord that He revealed that such truth to me. His ways are best, His timing is best.
A dear friend of mine shared this following song with me and now, I want to share it with you. It's how I am "praying" in 2012. There is much unknown for me and for my family. Will my dad still have a job in 2012? Will my family move closer to our extended family? Where will my college journey lead me? What trips will I be able to take? Most importantly, what spiritual lessons will be laid before me to learn? See.....so many questions and no answers. But there is One who does.
Just like how that was enough in 2011, I am "resolved" to make that be my anthem of 2012. So, I guess I am making a resolution after all... Christ is going to lead and I am going to trust.
May you all have a wonderful start to 2012 and I will see you on the other side!











4 comments:
Casting Crowns has the most incredibly awesome music! Their songs never fail to speak to me.
Yes, it was a bit of a different year, wasn't it? And all in good ways.
For me, the word I would use is "healing." While it wasn't a wonderful year, it was therapeutic when compared to the decade before it. A surrendered heart, a visit home, a worshipful church, and hope for the future. So, while 2011 wasn't a bed of roses, for me it was a "healing year."
I love you,
Mom
I hope you and your family is blessed this year with the answers you are looking for, Ella... The past couple of years have not been the easiest in where the economy is concerned but hopefully things in 2012 will be changing. *fingers crossed*
Casting Crowns is an awesome band - I just discovered them a couple of years back when my cousin talked about how well he liked them. =)
Happy 2012 - hope you and your family find it a great year!
I think it was a strange year for everyone -- some things were expected (like financial troubles -- thank you, Lousy Economy) but others were unexpected. Every year comes with its ups and downs. I pray that this coming year is a blessing for you. =)
I just read Proverbs 3 this morning, and verses 5-6 stuck out to me again: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your path." I journaled that, with the verses being the theme, trying to apply them to my life, ending by saying I wanted them to be the theme of this year, and of my whole life. How neat to then read this and see your goal is a similar one! Glad to be walking it together!
Post a Comment