11-16-6
9-3
These numbers are ones circling around in Boise State fans' minds these days. It isn't a good thing, just so you know. You would have to live here to understand the magnitude of these numbers. Boise State's football season is over (I can hardly believe that it started twelve weeks ago.) We finished 11-1 and yet, we do not get to go to one of the big name, big money bowl games......instead, a 9-3 team is.....and we are playing a 6-6 team.
Any of you understand football? Or are you coming up with all sorts of questions?
Let me just say that I have a whole bunch of questions myself. Where is the justification? Who thought up that....pardon my language here....crap? It doesn't make sense.
It causes me to remember that much in life doesn't make sense. Why are young kids given cancer? Why do hardworking people struggle to provide food for their families and yet reality tv stars rake in the big bucks? Why have I had to make a choice between paying my way through school or having a driver's license? Why, why, why!!!!
But I am also reminded that I won't always know the answer to the whys. That isn't the way that God works. It is in those whys that He reveals himself; it is where he teaches and challenges.....yes, I can have my doubts and say them aloud to the Lord....but I might not exactly get anywhere.
There is a point to them. Who knows what it might be, yet that is the truth of the matter. There is a reason the Broncos are going to the Las Vegas Bowl instead of the Fiesta or Sugar Bowl. There is a reason we all go through the hills and valleys.
It's in God's hands to bring order and reconciliation to the messes of life. And yes, that really is the best place for them to be.











1 comment:
Trusting God when things don't make sense is one of the hardest things to do, isn't it? It's easy to trust when everything is working out how we want it...but when it's not, do we still trust that His way is best?
That doesn't mean that it's right that the Broncos were hosed. It's not right, and I hope changes are made so that deserving teams aren't hosed every year. The "good old boys club" needs to stop being so exclusive!! However, it's how we respond in the face of disappointment where one's character really is evident.
I love you!!
Mom
Post a Comment