Thursday, March 15, 2012

Songs of the Week




It isn't any secret. Ask anyone close to me and they will give you the same answer that I am about to give you. I positively adore country music. Yes, I love many genres of music--actually I like more than I dislike--but country music is my absolute favorite. Perhaps it is the Southern part of my upbringing coming alive. Maybe I just like songs about family, God, love of country, and others that tell a story.




Well, the past few days have found me in a Blake Shelton type of mood. I'm not going to lie; meeting him in a totally God orchestrated way probably plays a role in why certain songs have been listened to. (I do want to share the story with you guys. God truly brought things together!) Regardless, going to his concert as he visited Boise reminded me of some of my favorite songs. I want to share the top 3 with you =)




I hope you enjoy them as much as I do !!









Do you guys like Blake Shelton? Do you have a favorite song of his?

3 comments:

Rissi said...

Awww! I love "Honey Bee." I think it is, well, sweet as honey. ;D His recording of "Footloose" is really fun also - I've been listing to it a lot this past week.

How fun for you to have met him being such a fan. =)

Patti said...

Oh, yes, I like Blake...alot. I have ever since we got into country music 4 years ago...BEFORE he was a hot commodity.

I totally love "Hillbilly Bone." Then again, I'm also a huge Trace Adkins fan...as you know.

I'm so glad you got a chance to go to the concert AND to meet Blake.

Unknown said...

I love Honey Bee & God Gave Me You...Hillbilly Bone kinda gets on my nerves though. LOL!